Pain Free for Life SEO Hub
We have created a custom dashboard that measures Google Analytics in REAL time. In this one dashboard we have captured the data that matters the most to Google.
What to pay attention to:
Sessions: These are the number of visitors that are coming to the site, it is important these increase overtime.
Avg. Session Duration: The internet average is 12 seconds, a good benchmark is 1-3 minutes
Pages/Session: The internet average is 1, a good benchmark is 2+
Bounce Rate: Google will give a site positive signals if the bounce rate is less than 70%
Each month it is important to measure the performance of the site. I am specifically looking to see if organic traffic is growing, what pages are most popular (so that we can create more like them!), and how your audience finds your site.
When posting a blog, think about these things:
- Keyword relevancy and placement is far more important than frequency. Your keyword or key phrase should appear in the first 100 words of your page, if not the first sentence
- Google prioritizes meta information and headers first, then body copy, and finally sidebars and footers
- Try to ensure the key phrase is an exact match to what the searcher will type into a search engine. This means phrasing your keywords in a conversational fashion if you want to optimize for natural language search queries
- Excessive repetition of keywords, and using keywords that are irrelevant to the rest of your content, are likely to earn you a penalty
- Keep your sentences and paragraphs short, and break them up with line breaks (white space makes much for a much nicer reading experience on mobile) and subheadings
- While you want your sentences and paragraphs to be short, your overall content can be as long as you fancy – in-depth content is a big indicator of quality.
One of the most effective way to increase keyword rankings is to write SEO Titles.
Learn exactly how to write good titles + see lots of examples in this post.