Understanding the connection between ranking keywords and content is critical to growing organic traffic.
Keyword ranking refers to the position of a website or a specific webpage on the search engine results page (SERP) for a particular keyword. The more keywords a site ranks for the more organic traffic a site will get! It is always our goal to rank for as many targeted keywords as possible as high on the SERP as possible.
Content, on the other hand, refers to any type of information, such as articles, blog posts, images, videos, and other media that are published online. Having an effective content plan is how we help clients improve their keyword ranking and grow their targeted traffic.
To rank well for a specific keyword or key phrase, it is essential to create high-quality content that is about that keyword.
The content should include the keyword or key phrase in a natural way, without overstuffing it, and it should provide value to the user. We suggest that the keyword is in the Title, SEO Title and at least two times within the content.
We know that Google wants to highly rank the best answers (websites/articles) for every search query.
If the content is high-quality, informative, and relevant to the keyword, it is more likely to rank well, attract traffic, and provide a positive user experience. To grow organic traffic, it is essential to focus on creating quality content that is optimized for specific keywords that will improve keyword ranking and drive organic traffic to the website.
AI for Creating New Content
Creating new content is the most common struggle for our clients. Writing helpful and engaging content takes time and research and editing.
We recommend to our clients to use AI help create this highly effective content. There are a lot of pros to using an AI tool like ChatGPT, Bard or Bing. AI tools:
- Save time
- Can be more accurate
- If used well, can create more engagement
Here are our top tips for using AI for content writing
Effective prompts are essential for engaging and inspiring your audience to write creatively or thoughtfully. Here are some tips to help you write effective prompts:
1. Be clear: Make sure your prompt is clear and concise. Avoid using complex language or convoluted sentences that might confuse your readers.
2. Be specific: Your prompt should be specific enough to give your readers a clear idea of what to write about. Avoid vague or general prompts that can be interpreted in different ways.
3. Be engaging: Use language that is interesting and engaging to capture your reader’s attention. In the prompts use words like “As a marketer…” or “as a professional…”
These tips are great and all, but it can be tricky putting it all together. So here are some of the prompts we are experimenting with across several AI platforms.
Meg’s Favorite AI Prompts for Creating Great Content
- Ask, “Make a list of broad topics related to (your expertise) and expand each topic with a list of phrases that customers might use
- Ask, as a copywriter, “create a blog post outline for (keyword) with a neutral tone and desired length of 1000 words”
- Write # subheadings for the blog article titled (blog title), the headings should be catchy and 60 characters max
- Improve this article by adding a CTA (Call to Action) to encourage readers to do something like subscribe to an email or buy a product
- Provide a catchy blog post title relating to these keywords (keyword + keyword + keyword)
- Write a comprehensive guide for (your topic)
- Compare (One product) vs (another product)
- What are questions that (potential client) asks when looking for (your expertise)