This video covers the foundations of SEO. This 30min video is for everyone — those who are new to search and those who have been running a business for a long time. This class on SEO will provide a solid foundation and general understanding for SEO.
What is SEO?
SEO is an acronym which stands for Search Engine Optimization. It’s an essential part of any company’s digital marketing strategy and involves the development of a website in a way that allows search engines like Google to rank it high on the Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
- SEO is Around 77% of all traffic is via a search engine.
- The CTR for position 1 is around 19%
- Search engines, Google has about 79%, Bing 10%.
How does Google Define Search?
When trillions of people as trillions of questions in hundreds of languages all at the same time and they expect an answer in less than one second.
- Google has to understand and categorize the internet as fast as possible.
- Google wants to do a good job because google makes their money from ads. In 2020, google made 150 billion dollars from google ads.
- Google puts the high quality websites at the top of the search results page.
How does Google quantify quality?
These vitals measure your website’s user experience, and there are three main factors Google is looking for: page loading speed, interactivity or responsiveness, and visual stability
What is Technical SEO?
There are two parts of SEO, on page or on site and technical. Some of the technical areas are:
- Duplicate content.
- Site map
- Is it mobile friendly?
Schema markups are commonly used to indicate:
After adding these markups to your site, they allow a search engine to understand what your site is about. The search engine is then able to showcase this information via Rich Snippets.
What is On Page SEO
On page SEO is all of the things that users see, this includes things like:
- Meta Descriptions